We’ve developed this guide to help you get the most magic out of this very special event! As always, you can email our Customer Support team for additional information: email@example.com
Join DragonVale for the Om of Noms: Hidden Harvest! Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on November 12th, 2018. If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.11.0.
During this event Spice can be earned in a variety of ways. Spice can then be exchanged for fabulous prizes at the Copious Cornucopia!
Ways to Earn Spice:
- Collecting from habitats
- Harvesting Treats (Treats with longer grow times are far more likely to produce Spice than those with shorter growing times)
- Breeding dragons
- Incubating dragons
- Hatching dragons
- Selling newly-hatched dragons
- Collecting daily rewards at the Savory Silo
- Collecting from the Burcadian Garden
- Finding and tapping on Gardenia and hidden Treat Baskets
- Watching Visions at Tolzar's Optical Oracle (This Spice does not count against your daily limit and will only be reflected in your overall total)
Collecting Spice After You've Reached the Daily Cap
It is important to note that you can continue to contribute Spice towards the community rewards after you've reached your daily cap. This additional Spice is not added to your personal total, but will be added to your community contribution. Once the community collects enough Spice you'll all be given a prize!
Spice can also be purchased through the Market. Purchased Spice does not count against your daily collection limit.
The Copious Cornucopia
The Copious Cornucopia can be found on the event island and contains all the prizes that can be earned in the event. Prizes are divided into several collections and collecting more unique prizes will unlock more prize collections.
Exchanging Spice for Prizes
- Visit the Copious Cornucopia and tap the Prizes icon
- View available prizes by tapping each of the different collections
- A counter on each prize will show you how many of that item you currently own. Please note that dragons that have not yet been hatched will not be counted.
- The more unique prizes you earn, the more collections you will unlock
Unlocking Higher Prize Collections
Collecting more unique prizes will unlock higher tiers. The number of unique prizes required to unlock each tier is visible within the Copious Cornucopia. If you already own an item from one of the prize collections it will count towards unlocking higher tiers. Multiples of the same item will not be counted in your total.
Certain new dragons can be obtained by transforming existing dragons in your park. To summon one of these new dragons, you'll need to meet all of the requirements listed in that dragon's Breeding Hint. These dragons can also be purchased directly with Spice if you prefer.
Breeding Hints can be accessed by tapping on any of the breeding areas, then tapping on the "Breeding Hints" icon at the bottom of the screen. The requirements to summon these dragons are also listed below:
- Bloatato - This dragon can be evolved from a level 20 Sprout Dragon. You must also have 6 farms with Omega Squashes fully-grown and ready to be harvested, and have the Omega Squash Barrel decoration placed in your park.
- Curlyleaf - This dragon can be evolved from a level 20 Leaf Dragon. You must also have 6 farms with Kraken Kabbages fully-grown and ready to be harvested, and have the Kraken Kabbage Planter decoration placed in your park.
- Karroot - This dragon can be evolved from a level 20 Seed Dragon that is placed in the same habitat as a Curlyleaf and Bloatato dragon. You must also have 6 farms with Meta-carotene fully-grown and ready to be harvested, and have the Meta-carotene Planter decoration placed in your park.
- Vidalia - This dragon can be evolved from a level 20 Seed Dragon that is placed in the same habitat as a Curlyleaf and Bloatato dragon. You must also have 6 farms with Jive Chives fully-grown and ready to be harvested, and have the Jive Chive Planter decoration placed in your park.
How to Evolve a Dragon
Once you have met all requirements to obtain one of these new dragons, you can summon it using the steps below. Requirements for summoning the Bloatato, Curlyleaf, Karroot, and Vidalia dragons can be found in the in-game Breeding Hints menu.
- Locate the dragon you wish to evolve and tap on it
- Tap the "Evolve" icon at the bottom of the dragon's info card
- In the pop up menu, tap to select the type of dragon you wish to evolve to, then tap the confirm button
- Tap the "Evolve" button to transform your dragon. Please note that evolving a dragon will cost 1000 Spice
It is important to note that when you transform one of your dragons it will evolve into a new dragon, and the original dragon will no longer be available in your park. Please keep this in mind if you only have one of the dragon you wish to evolve.
Sometimes, when two or more Towering Treat Farms are placed next to each other, their special magics allow Treats to combine into entirely new Treat types. There are two new types of Treats in this event: Jive Chives and Meta Carotene.
To unlock these new Treat types, experiment with growing different types of Treats next to each other in adjacent Towering Treat Farms and see what you can discover! It is important to note that even if you have the right combination of Treats planted it might take a few tries for the cross-pollination to be successful.
If you find Gardenia in your park she may be able to give you some hints about how to unlock these new Treats. Once a new Treat has been discovered through cross-pollination it will be permanently available for you to grow in Towering Treat Farms.
Buildings & Activities
The Savory Silo rewards you for each day you play during the event. Earn free Spice, Treats, and other great prizes!
- Check in each day for magical rewards and special surprises!
- If you miss a day, don’t worry, you can spend a few gems to catch up. You cannot collect a day’s reward in advance.
- You only have to login to DragonVale each day to be eligible for the reward. If you login but forget to visit the Savory Silo, your reward will still be available to collect the next time you visit.
The Burcadian Garden is back with more goodies! Visit the Burcadian Garden (located on the event island) once each day for free Dragon Treats and Spice!
Hidden Treat Baskets
Each day you'll have hidden Treat Baskets to find in your park, and finding them will award you with Dragon Treats and Spice. There will be 5 Treat Baskets every 4 hours, up to a maximum of 15 baskets per day.
If you can find Gardenia she might have some rewards for you too! You will know there are still more Treat Baskets to find when you see a an orange border on your visitors icon.
During the Om of Noms, all Spice you collect in your park counts towards earning prizes for everyone in the DragonVale community. You can see how much Spice you've earned for the community at any time by tapping the Copious Cornucopia, then tapping the "Progress" icon at the bottom of the screen. The progress bar there represents the community progress from all DragonVale players.
Once the community has earned enough Spice, a reward will be given to everyone who contributed. After a reward is given, the progress bar will reset and start counting towards the next reward.
It is important to note that you can continue to contribute Spice towards the community reward after you've reached your daily cap. This additional Spice is not added to your personal total, but will be added to your community contribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why hasn’t the event begun in my park yet?
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on November 12th, 2018.
If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through your device's app store. The correct version for the event is 4.11.0.
What is the daily limit of Spice?
Spice is normally limited to 1000 per day, but be on the lookout for special occasions where there is more Spice available! Keep in mind that purchases in the Market are not affected by the daily limit. Please note that you can continue to earn Spice for the DragonVale community even after you've hit your personal limit for the day.
When can I collect more Spice?
Your daily cap for Spice will reset each day at 11am Mountain Time. Check back each day for more Spice and more chances to earn prizes!
Why am I not receiving Spice from Tolzar when I watch Visions?
Spice earned from watching Visions does not count against your daily limit. This Spice will be added to your overall total (top number), but won't be reflected in the progress bar/counter that tracks how close you are to the daily limit (bottom number).
How do I get my Sprout, Seed, Leaf, or Berry Dragon higher than level 10?
In order to level your Epic dragons past level 10, you need the Relic of the Epics or the Monument of the Epics. Each one of those will allow you to raise your Epic dragons 5 extra levels. If you have one of them in your park your Epic dragons will max at level 15. With both in your park your Epic dragons will max out at level 20.
Please note that new event dragons can also be purchased directly with Spice as an alternative to evolving them.
Why can't I evolve a dragon even though I grew the required Treats?
To unlock the evolution for one of the new dragons, the required Treats must be fully-grown, and not yet harvested. If the required crops have finished growing and are currently in your Treat Farms, and you have fulfilled all other requirements, you should be able to summon the new dragon.
What happens to my original dragon if I evolve it into one of the new dragons?
When you transform one of your dragons it will evolve into an entirely new dragon, and the original dragon will be gone from your park forever. Please keep this in mind if you only have one of the dragon you wish to evolve.
Can the Bloatato, Curlyleaf, Karroot, and Vidalia Dragons be bred?
These dragons can only be bred if both parent dragons are the desired dragon. For example, Bloatato + Bloatato has a chance of producing another Bloatato Dragon, but Bloatato + another dragon does not.
Can the Bloatato, Curlyleaf, Karroot, and Vidalia Dragons be purchased?
Yes, if you would prefer to purchase these dragons outright rather than evolve them, you can do so in the Copious Cornucopia.
Why won't the new Treats unlock even though I'm growing the correct Treats to unlock them?
In order to unlock the new Treat types you must use Towering Treat Farms, and those farms must be placed so that they are touching each other. It is also important to note that even if you have the right combination of Treats planted it might take a few tries for the cross-pollination to be successful.
When does the Om of Noms end?
The Om of Noms runs through December 2nd, 2018, and concludes on December 3rd at 11am Mountain Time. It will not be possible to earn additional Spice after this time, but the Copious Cornucopia will remain open for an additional day so you can turn in any leftover Spice you may have.
When does the Copious Cornucopia close?
The Copious Cornucopia will close at 11am Mountain Time on December 4th and event prizes will no longer be available after this time.
What happens to my leftover Spice at the end of the Om of Noms?
After the Copious Cornucopia closes on December 4th, we'll turn any leftover Spice into DragonCash at the rate of 1,000 DragonCash per 1 Spice.
When is my last chance to purchase Spice if I need a little more?
To prevent any potential issues with purchases being made as the event is ending, Spice purchasing will be turned off at 8am Mountain Time on December 4th, 3 hours prior to the closing of the Copious Cornucopia.
We appreciate you stopping by our event FAQ for more information. If you have further questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org