Welcome to Whitbee's Candy Bash 3: The Sweetening!
We’ve developed this guide to help you get the most magic out of this very special event! As always, you can email our Customer Support team for additional information: email@example.com
Why hasn’t the event begun in my park yet?
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on October 13th, 2016.
If your park is above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon Marketplace.
I missed the help menus / event tutorials. What should I do?
Tap the Bizarre Bazaar, then tap the Help icon. There you can view all the information about the event.
This event is all about playing games, collecting Candy around your park, and turning in the Candy for fabulous prizes at the Bizarre Bazaar. How can I earn Candy, you ask?
Ways to Earn Candy:
- Collecting DragonCash or harvesting Treats
- Hatching dragons
- Clearing bushes, trees, and rocks from new islands
- Playing games and participating in activities on the event island
- Collecting daily rewards at the Hall of Hallows
- Receiving gifts from friends
- Visiting friends’ parks and tapping “party hats”
- Competing in Colosseum events
- Questing at the Perch of Kairos and Gaia’s Nest
- Finding and tapping on Whitbee and his prize pumpkins
- Each player can earn up to 1000 Candies per day, except on some specials days when there are more!
Why aren’t I earning any Candy?
You’ve hit your daily limit for Candy. Nice work! You can view the time until more Candy becomes available by tapping the Bizarre Bazaar then tapping the Info icon.
What is the daily limit of Candy?
Candy is normally limited to 1000 per day, but be on the lookout for special occasions where there is more Candy available! Keep in mind, purchases in the market are not affected by the daily limit!
When does my Candy reset?
To find out how much time is left before you can collect Candy again, visit the Bizarre Bazaar and tap the Info icon.
Why is there a daily collection limit on Candy during Whitbee's Candy Bash 3?
A spell is cast to create Candy every day at the same time, but the magic only allows for a finite amount!
Will there be opportunities to earn bonus Candy?
At random times throughout Whitbee's Candy Bash 3 players can earn more Candy than usual. Stay tuned to our Facebook community to learn more! www.facebook.com/dragonvale
Candy can also be purchased through the Market. Please note that purchased Candy does not count against your daily collection limit.
The Bizarre Bazaar
The Bizarre Bazaar can be found on the event island and contains all the prizes that can be earned in the event. Prizes are divided into 4 tiers: Pumpkin, Potion, Poltergeist, and Phantasm. Collecting more unique prizes will unlock higher tiers.
Exchanging Candy for Prizes
- Visit the Bizarre Bazaar and tap the Prizes icon
- View available prizes by tapping each of the different tiers
- Select a prize from one of the many items available
- The more unique prizes you earn, the more collections you will unlock
- Note: If you already have an item from the Prize collections it will count toward your total. Multiples of the same item will not be counted in your total
Activities & Games
Ghoulish Game Gallery
The Ghoulish Game Gallery contains two games: Dragon Drop and Name That Dragon. You get up to 10 plays in the Ghoulish Game Gallery per day, so come back every day for more chances to win!
- Name That Dragon - Recognize that shadowy figure? Guess the dragon correctly to win Candy!
- Dragon Drop - A game of chance, Pachinko style! Tap to drop and win Candy or Gems!
Similar to cooperative breeding, you can team up with friends’ dragons to compete in challenges and win Candy!
- Challenges will last two hours each
- You may complete up to five challenges per day
- Choose the best dragons for the challenge by matching your dragon's elements to the elements of the current challenge
- If you win Gold in the challenge, you can send your friend a thank you and they will receive 15 extra Candies
- Candy collected from the Mausoleum Colosseum after your daily limit has been reached will be placed into your gifts menu after you reload DragonVale
Why can't I play any more games today? / When can I play games again?
You get up to 10 plays in the Ghoulish Game Gallery per day. Out of plays? Visit the Ghoulish Game Gallery to check how much time remains until you can play the games again!
What happens to my winnings from the Ghoulish Game Gallery if I’ve already hit my limit of Candy for the day?
Once you hit your daily collection limit, any winnings from games played thereafter, or from unfinished challenges, will be added to your gifts menu. You may collect these at a later date, but keep in mind accepting these gifts counts toward your daily collection limit.
I was told that Candy was sent to my Gifts menu but it's not there! Why?
Surplus candy from games or quests is not added to the gifts menu until after you close and reload DragonVale. After you've reloaded DragonVale you will see that your Candy winnings have been added to the Backflip Studios gift.
Whitbee and his prize pumpkins
Each day 10 of Whitbee's prize pumpkins will be hidden around your park. Find and tap them to earn Candy and maybe even a gem! Rumor has it Whitbee himself might be wandering around your park. Can you find him?
If the Visitors icon in your park is decorated with spooky blue mushrooms, you will know Whitbee or his pumpkins are still in your park waiting to be found. Once you have found Whitbee and all 10 pumpkins, the Visitors icon will return to normal.
The Hall of Hallows
- Check in each day for magical rewards and special surprises!
- If you miss a day, don’t worry. You can spend a few gems to catch up. You cannot collect a day’s reward in advance.
- The cost to catch up increases with each day you miss, so try to log in as often as possible.
- You only have to log in to DragonVale each day to be eligible for the reward. If you login, but forget to visit the Hall of Hallows, your reward will still be available to collect next time you visit.
- Candy received from the Hall of Hallows is a bonus and does not count against your daily limit.
End of The Event
When does Whitbee's Candy Bash 3: The Sweetening end?
Whitbee's Candy Bash 3 will last through November 2nd, but the Bizarre Bazaar will remain open through November 9th. This will give you the opportunity to turn in any leftover Candy for prizes.
I have Candy remaining in my Gifts menu. Will this be added to my total when the event ends?
Here’s the scoop. After the event ends, any Candy stored in your Gifts menu must be collected in order to be added to your total. You can collect a max of 1,000 Candies per day from your Gifts menu after the event ends.
I collected a large gift from a friend but only some of it was added to my total. What happened to the rest of my Candy??
If you collect a gift that puts you over the daily Candy limit (1,000 per day), the surplus Candy is removed from your friends name and added to the Backflip Studios gift total. Please note that this does not happen until the next time you load DragonVale.
What happens to my leftover Candy at the end of the Whitbee's Candy Bash 3?
Good question. The short answer is: nothing happens to your leftover Candy for ONE WEEK. You can still hop in the game, access the Bizarre Bazaar and spend your Candy however you'd like. At the END of that extra week, we'll use some magic to turn your Candy into Treats and place them into your Gifts menu.
Why can I still buy Candy but not earn it?
Based on our decision to leave the Bizarre Bazaar open an extra week we had a discussion that was essentially, "What if I'm really close to getting a prize I really want? What do I do?" - which is a good question. What can we do for players who were close to achieving their goal, but were maybe on vacation when the event ended? Based on a small percentage of users who might want to reach for some items they missed, we decided to keep the Candy available in the Market.
Why not just make the event longer and let us earn Candy the whole time?
Then we end up at square one, which is "what do we do at the last moment when people haven't spent their Candy?"
We appreciate you stopping by our event FAQ for more information. We're always open to feedback on how to improve our events and make DragonVale the best game it can be.