Welcome to the Arcane Pentournament!
We’ve developed this guide to help you get the most magic out of this very special event! As always, you can email our Customer Support team for additional information: email@example.com
Why hasn’t the event begun in my park yet?
Your park must be at least level 11 to participate in this event, which began on June 30, 2016.
If you’re above level 11 and the event hasn’t started for you, you may be playing on an older version of DragonVale. Please update to the most recent version through the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon Marketplace.
I missed the help menus / event tutorials. What should I do?
Select the Prize Pavilion, then tap the Help icon. There you can view all the information about the event.
This event is all about playing games, collecting Rings around your park, and turning in the Rings for fabulous prizes at the Prize Pavilion. How can I earn Rings, you ask?
Ways to Earn Rings:
- Collecting DragonCash or harvesting Treats
- Hatching dragons
- Clearing bushes and trees from new islands
- Playing games and participating in activities on the event island
- Collecting daily rewards at the Giveaway Gallery
- Receiving gifts from friends
- Visiting friends’ parks and tapping “party hats”
- Competing in Colosseum events
- Questing at the Perch of Kairos and Gaia’s Nest
- Finding and tapping on banner-bearing visitors
- Each player can earn up to 1000 Rings per day, except on some specials days when there are more!
Why aren’t I earning any Rings?
You’ve hit your daily limit for Rings. Nice work! You can view the time until more Rings become available by tapping the Prize Pavilion then tapping the Info icon.
What is the daily limit of Rings?
Rings are normally limited to 1000 per day, but be on the lookout for special occasions where there are more Rings available! (More on that below) Keep in mind, purchases in the market are not affected by the daily limit!
When do my Rings reset?
To find out how much time is left before you can collect Rings again, visit the Prize Pavilion and tap the Info icon.
Why is there a daily collection limit on Rings during the Arcane Pentournament?
A spell is cast to create Rings every day at the same time, but the magic only allows for a finite amount!
Will there be opportunities to earn bonus Rings?
At random times throughout The Arcane Pentournament players can earn more Rings than normal. Stay tuned to our Facebook community to learn more! www.facebook.com/dragonvale
Rings can also be purchased through the Market.
*Purchased Rings do not count against your daily collection limit.
The Prize Pavilion
The Prize Pavilion can be found on the event island and contains all the prizes that can be earned in the event. Prizes are divided into 5 Houses, each of which contains 3 tiers of prizes. Collecting more unique prizes will unlock higher tiers.
There is also a universal group of prizes called the “Omnitier”. These prizes do not need to be unlocked and are available to all players at the start of the event.
How Do Houses Work?
Players may peruse the unique prize programs offered across 5 different Houses and choose one to join for the duration of the event. The 5 Houses offered are: Icy Torrent, Hidden Bolt, Iron Blossom, Mountain Sun, and Blazing Gale. Choosing a House will unlock access to all the prizes in that House, and award you that House’s mascot dragon and banner for free!
Choosing a House
- A House can be chosen by tapping the Prize Pavilion, then tapping the “Select House” icon.
- You can view information about each House by tapping on it.
- Once you have chosen a House, tap the Yes button to complete your selection.
- After you make your selection you will receive that House’s mascot dragon and banner in your gifts menu.
- Your House selection is final and you cannot join another House once your choice is made. Please choose carefully. Choosing a house does not prevent you from unlocking prizes from the other Houses.
Exchanging Rings for Prizes
- Visit the Prize Pavilion and tap the Prizes menu.
- View available prizes by tapping each of the different sections.
- Select a prize from one of the many items available.
- The more unique prizes you earn, the more collections you will unlock.
- Note: If you already have an item from the Prize collections it will count toward your total. Multiples of the same item will not be counted in your total.
Activities & Games
The Arcane Arcade contains all five games from previous events. You get up to 10 plays in the Arcane Arcade per day, so come back every day for more chances to win!
- Wheel of Chance - Feeling lucky? Spin the wheel for a chance to win Rings or maybe even some gems!
- Make-A-Match - You will be presented with a gameboard of cards faced down. Test your memory to match two cards and earn Rings!
- Dragon Drop - A game of chance, Pachinko style! Tap to drop, and win Rings or gems!
- Name That Dragon - Recognize that shadowy figure? Guess the dragon correctly to win Rings!
- Name That Egg - Show off your DragonVale knowledge when you take this multiple choice challenge. Win Rings when you guess correctly!
Similar to cooperative breeding, you can team up with friends’ dragons to compete in challenges and win Rings!
- Challenges will last two hours each.
- You may complete up to five challenges per day.
- Rings collected from the Arcane Arena after your daily limit has been reached will be placed into your gifts menu.
Add up to 5 dragons to the Parade Gardens to observe their antics and accumulate Rings! Switch out the dragons at any time and find out which dragon is the biggest show-off!
Banner bearers representing your chosen house will appear in your park once each day. Find and tap them to earn Rings and maybe a gem!
They can be a little tricky to track down, so look closely! If the Visitors icon in your park is decorated with flags, you will know there are still banner-bearing visitors to find.
Why can't I play any more games today? / When can I play games again?
You get up to 10 plays in the Arcane Arcade per day. Out of plays? Visit the Arcane Arcade to check how much time remains until you can play the games again!
What happens to my winnings from the Arcane Arcade if I’ve already hit my limit of Rings for the day?
Once you hit your daily collection limit, any winnings from games played thereafter, or from unfinished quests, will be added to your gifts list. You may collect these at a later date, but keep in mind accepting these gifts counts toward your daily collection limit.
The Giveaway Gallery
- Check in each day for magical rewards and special surprises!
- If you miss a day, don’t worry. You can spend a few gems to catch up. You cannot collect a day’s reward in advance.
- The cost to catch up increases with each day you miss, so try to log in as often as possible.
- You only have to log in to DragonVale each day to be eligible for the reward. If you login, but forget to visit the Giveaway Gallery, your reward will still be available to collect next time you visit.
- Rings received from the Giveaway Gallery are a bonus and do not count against your daily limit.
The Wishing Well
After the enormous excitement last summer, the wizards have brought back the Wishing Well! Toss a DragonCash coin into this magical Wishing Well once each day and see what happens! Only the most powerful Wizards and Witches can predict what this mysterious decoration could be for…
Is it a carnival trick? Or, could this well actually grant your wish?
End of The Event
When does The Arcane Pentournament end?
The Arcane Pentournament will last through September 6th, but the Prize Pavilion will remain open for a brief time after the event has ended. This will give you the opportunity to turn in any leftover Rings for prizes.
I have Rings remaining in my Gifts Menu. Will these be added to my total when the event ends?
Here’s the scoop. After the event ends, any Rings stored in your Gift Menu must be collected in order to be added to your total. You can collect a max of 1,000 Rings per day from your Gifts Menu after the event ends.
What happens to my leftover Rings at the end of the The Arcane Pentournament?
Good question. The short answer is; nothing happens to your leftover Rings for ONE WEEK. You can still hop in the game, access the Prize Pavilion and spend your Rings however you'd like. At the END of that extra week, we'll turn your Rings into treats and place them into your gifts menu.
Why did we set it up this way?
In the past, because the prizes were achieved in a straight line, it was easy to know how much players had earned towards the next reward and make the obvious selection of what comes next. Now, since in the Prize Pavilion the more prizes you earn, the more collections you will unlock, we had to make some interesting decisions about the end of the event.
Should we just pick some prizes and spend your Rings for you? Should we just tell you the event is over, tough cookies, and your Rings vanish? Those felt like bad answers, so we decided to leave the Prize Pavilion open an extra week, even though the event is over.
Why can I still buy Rings but not earn them?
Based on our decision to leave the Rings open an extra week we had a discussion that was essentially, "What if I'm really close to getting a prize I really want? What do I do?" - which is a good question. What can we do for players who were close to achieving their goal, but were maybe on vacation when the event ended? Based on a small percentage of users who might want to reach for some items they missed, we decided to keep the Rings available in the Prize Pavilion.
Why not just make the event longer and let us earn Rings the whole time?
Then we end up at square one, which is "what do we do at the last moment when people haven't spent their Rings?"
We appreciate you stopping by our event FAQ for more information. Hopefully it helps explain our thinking a bit more clearly. We're always open to feedback on how to improve our events and make DragonVale the best game it can be.