Hello Park-itects, and DragonVale faithful! Every day we receive support tickets from players who believe they have lost their parks. This is completely preventable and often requires just logging back in to Facebook or Game Center!
This support article will focus on how to prevent data loss, and should you choose to continue playing locally, what steps you can take to help us find your park if it’s ever lost.
We understand that this is a very comprehensive article (read; long), it’s a lot to digest! If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate your parks to Facebook and/or Game Center to prevent data loss.
- If you play locally, SAVE YOUR PARK ID in a safe place! We may be able to locate your park with your park id.
- Understand COPPA regulations if your children are under 13 and play DragonVale.
- If you lose your park, CONTACT US BEFORE YOU UNINSTALL!
First, the basics.
DragonVale is playable on two different platforms, Android and iOS. Each of these platforms can use different services to save your park to our servers. Android uses your Facebook information, while iOS uses Apple’s Game Center platform or Facebook.
How does it all work?
At first every park begins as a local park, with a unique a “Local Park ID.” When your park is associated to Game Center or Facebook it is automatically saved on our servers with your Game Center or Facebook account name.
Linking your park data to Game Center will allow you to transfer your park to any iOS device. Connecting your park to Facebook will allow you to transfer to any iOS device, as well as any Android/Kindle device.
Why do we need to associate our parks at all then?
PLAYING LOCALLY IS RISKY! If you are playing locally, and uninstall DragonVale, your park will be wiped from your device. Your park data, however, has still registered on our servers, but without the original Park ID we have no way of finding your data amongst the millions of other parks on our servers.
If you choose to play locally be prepared for the possibility that you will lose your data! We STRONGLY recommend that you write down your Park ID from the Options menu, double check it, and be prepared to email us (email@example.com) if you ever lose your park. With an accurate Park ID we can often find your lost data and help you recover it.
Park ID format is as follows; 8-4-4-4-12
Example Park ID: 42338c97-8b4f-426a-8f32-43bcf9efbb01
Why did DragonVale ask for my birthday?
Backflip Studios has introduced an age verification step to DragonVale in order to comply with changes to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This affects access to social features for children under the age of 13.
If you accidentally entered the incorrect date of birth when initially prompted, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Apple Users
- If at any time you launch DragonVale and get a level 1 starter park, this likely means you are logged out of Game Center. Log back in to recover your park!
- When transferring your park between devices, be sure to sign into the same Apple ID and Game Center account. Creating a new Apple ID and Game Center nickname will prevent users from accessing their previous Game Center account.
- *If you are prompted to create a new Game Center ID because yours is “already in use” after updating your device please contact us immediately. In your email please send us your original Game Center ID and any new ID created.*
- Please follow this link to find more information on Game Center.
Information for Android Users
- If at any time you launch DragonVale and get a level 1 starter park, this likely means you are logged out of Facebook. Log back in to recover your park!
- When transferring your park between devices, be sure to sign into the same Facebook account you were using previously.
- Please follow this link to find information on associating your park to Facebook.